1/03/2010

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

This morning I woke up craving pancakes. I found an apple in my fridge and wanted to try some apple cinnamon pancakes. I ran to Safeway to pick up Aunt Jemima's pancake mix and Eggo Syrup Lite.

I mixed 1 cup of pancake mix with 3/4 c skim milk, 1 tbsp canola oil, and 1 egg and whisked the batter together. Our griddle has not been working perfectly lately, so I decided to try making pancakes in a pan on the stove. While the pan was heating up I chopped the apple.

I sprayed the pan with some non stick cooking spray and poured some batter into the pan. I spread some apple chunks around the pancake and sprinkled cinnamon on top.

After bubbles appeared and it began to raise, I flipped the pancake - oops, I think this one was a little burnt.


I was able to make 4 pancakes with the batter I mixed - they were a little bigger than normal, but I liked making pancakes in a pan for a change. They cooked much quicker than they normally do on the griddle.

I sprinkled more apple on top of the pancake and drizzled lite syrup on top. It wouldn't be a Sunday morning without pancakes! YUMMY, healthy twist on my favorite breakfast food. The fiber from the applies is so filling that one pancake is more than enough!


Nutrition Info: Serving size: 1 pancake ; Calories: 74kcals ; Fat: 0.1g ; Sodium: 207mg ; Potassium: 61mg ; CHO: 71.4g ; Fiber: 1.35g ; Sugar: 9.5g

4 comments:

  1. You should have made this for us on New Year's Day! I love pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that fiber makes you full so its possible you ate only one...but knowing you I figure you ate all 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. > Kitchen M: The mochi you made on New Years Day was WAY better than my pancakes! Thanks again for making that.

    > Anonymous: you obviously don't know me THAT well, because I ate only ONE. And I even saved the other 3 for you - so you should probably let me know who you are...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all,

    Wow! What are delicious food , i want to eat it. Thanks for sharing it....
    Breakfast Nutrition

    ReplyDelete