12/06/2009

Linguine with Scallops and Veggies

After eating out almost every night for the past couple of weeks, I decided a home cooked meal was in order. I have discovered that working all week does not leave much time for grocery shopping, so I didn't have much to work with. We had frozen scallops, frozen mixed vegetables, pasta (of course) and various leftovers from previous recipes.
I boiled a pot of water for linguine; which up until I started this blog was about the extent of my cooking skills... Threw some olive oil, red onions, vegetable broth, garlic, and basil into a skillet to cook the scallops, heated up the frozen veggies in the microwave, and mixed it all together.
This dish was not overwhelming with flavor, but it wasn't terrible either! I sprinkled a little parmesan cheese on top (my favorite) and it turned out to be a nice little dinner. My motto is that anything with parmesan cheese is delicious - I rarely eat pasta or pizza without it.
I have always been skeptical about coking without a recipe, but practicing with Cooking Light recipes has definitely build up my confidence!

1 comment:

  1. See? You CAN cook! Scallops, red onions, olive oil, garlic, basil, vegetable broth, with pasta and Parmesan sound better than some restaurant dish! Looks wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete