2/02/2011

Work For Food / Food For Work

* CAL - This post is for you!

I realize I have many posts about food I try to cook and food I enjoy at restaurants, but food is also a major part of my life from 8 - 5 Monday through Friday also.  

I currently work as a Patient Services Manager at an acute care hospital in Napa, CA.  Yes, I know what you are thinking... "What is a Patient Services Manager?" and "I thought she was an RD".  Yes, don't fret- I am a Registered Dietitian! Rather than having a traditional clinical job, I work in foodservice management.  It's my responsibility to manage all of the people and processes that are required to get the food from the pot it's made in to the patient in the bed, and then ensure that patients are satisfied with their dining experience.  

Now i REALLY know what you are thinking, "Blech!  Hospital food is gross!"  Well, think again my friend.  I am fortunate enough to work for an amazing company (yay Sodexo!) that makes my job quite a joy.  I am armed with a multitude of fresh ingredients, recipes, and talented chefs that make feeding ~120 patients 3 meals a day a sinch.  

There is quite a diverse group who work in our kitchen, which makes food that much more fun.  Below is an example of some of the fun we get to have.  Those are tongue tacos (they call them la lingue) with onions & cilantro and traditional matzo ball soup.  

You know how there's Asian fusion food?  Well, this is our version - Jewish Mexican fusion.  
I LOVE MY JOB!  






1 comment:

  1. Tongue Tacos? Now that is a stetch of imagination!

    ReplyDelete