11/02/2010

Fresh in The City


A few weekends ago, I had an out of town guest visit me & San Francisco for the FIRST time.  No pressure to show her a good time....  So we took the ferry from Sausalito to San Francisco. 
The picture above was not changed in any way... this is REALLY what Alcatraz looked like from the ferry!

When we got to the ferry building, we went to the extravagant farmer's market.  First Stop: bakery 
Check out the colors of these veggies - amazing!


some organic dried fruit
I tasted these pears... they were delicious!

This picture actually got taken by accident, but didn't it turn out cool?

weighing the fruit 

Sometimes you feel like a nut... 

I just love the way these squash look

I actually really hate the way this lettuce tastes, but it looks cool 


Ready for fall 



More baked goods - I just cannot resist




These sandwiches caught my eye - my favorite!  lox & cream cheese


Boyfriend's favorite: artichoke & brussel sprouts
Who knew this is actually how brussel sprouts grow?  so cool

More pumpkins

Ginger settles your stomach :)  YUMM

The pretty Ferry Building.  but check out how grey that sky is!

Edible Flowers



Can you tell it's fall yet?
I call these edible weeds...


For some reason, I love taking pictures of pomegranates.



yummy looking persimmons 

my favorite smell - lavender 
Circled back to buy a lox & cream cheese sandwich.  SO DELICIOUS!!!

Lox, cream cheese, onion, capers, & heirloom tomato on a slice of sourdough - DELICIOUS 

We ventured into the ferry building and visited Blue Bottle Coffee.  As you can see, each cup is prepared individually so it takes a while, but it is SO worth it!!!!!!
The one in the middle is mine.

After all the tasting at the farmer's market and the delicious sandwich, it was time to move our butts up to Union Square to do some shopping before taking the ferry back to Marin.  

Just another wonderful fall day shopping & eating around the city with good friends.  What else could a girl ask for?

2 comments:

  1. I love Frog Hollow's stone fruit and dried fruit! Actually, anything from that store is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete