9/21/2010

Some of my My Favorite Foods

On a recent outing with my mother, she took me to one of her favorite resautants in Sonoma, The Red Grape.   After odering a nice cold glass of wine, I opened the menu and this entree immediately caught my eye.  Once I read all of the ingredients, I could not tear my attention away to even glance at the other menu options.  So I guess I decided what I wanted for lunch pretty quickly...

YES! The Farmer's Market white pizza!!  It's a pecorino romano base with roasted red beets, grilled corn and goat cheese, topped with fresh avocado slices. 
For those of you who don't know me well, goat cheese, beets, avocado, and corn are four of my all time favorite foods.  I cannot even begin to explain how excited I was when I realized that all of these foods came TOGETHER on a PIZZA!!  And all this time I thought I was weird for eating avocado, beets, and goat cheese on an English muffin - seems like whoever created this pizza has the same taste buds.  So exciting. 


The best part is that the restaurant had whole wheat dough as a substitution.  It made the RD in me smile even more.  The crust was pretty thin and light which made for a totally satisfying, yet not too filling lunch.  I wasn't able to finish the whole thing at lunch and took the rest to go.  This wonderful pizza was just as tasty - if not even better - the next day, cold, for lunch!  I'm not sure what it is about these flavors that makes them blend so beautifully, but I was in heaven the entire time I was eating this pizza. 

I cannot wait to visit the Red Grape and enjoy this pizza again.  I may even have to try something new (doubt it though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment