11/23/2009

Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, and Pecan Cookies

As I walked past a bakery this weekend, I had a serious craving for chocolate chip cookies. Before stopped in to buy one, I remembered my blog and decided to bake my own!

I found this recipe in my Cooking Light cookbook and it looked pretty quick and simple, so I tried it! I didn't have any pecans or mini chocolate chips, so I substituted raisins and regular chocolate chips. Otherwise, I followed the recipe dead on and I think they came out great. The cookies were perfectly crunchy on the outside and a tiny bit chewy inside... the perfect treat for a rainy day.

Not only did the cookies completely satisfy my craving, but they ended up being a combination of my favorite (chocolate chip) and boyfriend's favorite (oatmeal raisin). I will definitely be making these cookies again soon!

See Recipe below...

Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 5 1/2 ounces)
  • 1 cup regular oats
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
  • 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate minichips

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring with a whisk; set aside.

Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add vanilla and egg; beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until combined. Stir in pecans and minichips. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.

Nutrition Information

Yield: 3 dozen (serving size: 1 cookie)

Calories: 81 (33% from fat) Fat: 3g (sat 1.4g,mono 1g,poly 0.3g) Protein: 1.1g

Carbohydrate: 12.9g Fiber: 0.5g Cholesterol: 10mg Iron: 0.5mg Sodium: 76mg

Calcium: 12mg

Julianna Grimes and Ann Taylor Pittman, Cooking Light, DECEMBER 2007

2 comments:

  1. Had some serious layout issues... I guess technology just isn't on my side this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! No photos!?
    Do you still have some left? ;)

    ReplyDelete